I am honored to be the recipient of two (in my opinion) very important awards. Both of them were given to me by Shaun @ Looking For Reasoning to a Complicated World. Shaun has a great blog for anyone who is interested in…well, just about anything. His posts range from his life with Chronic Pain to Current Events to music videos. Not only am I honored to have been chosen for the award, I’m honored that Shaun felt me worthy. He is not only a brilliant blogger, but a wonderful friend. The first award is the Blog of the Year Award for 2013. I was so surprised to be nominated for this award after less than six months of blogging. It truly made my day and I humbly accept. I regret not being able to accept it sooner. The rules have come straight from the originator at thethoughtpalatte.co.uk:
The instructions for this award are simple:
1 Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2013’ Award
2 Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there are no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ the blog(s) with their award.
3 Let the blog(s) that you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the instructions with them – (please don’t alter the instructions or the badges!)
4 Come over and say hello to the originator of the ‘Blog of the Year 2013’ Award via this link – http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/blog-awards-2/blog-of-the-year-2013-award/
5 You can now also join the ‘Blog of the Year’ Award Facebook page – click the link here https://www.facebook.com/groups/BlogoftheYear/ and share your blog posts with an even wider audience.
6 And as a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog … and start collecting stars…
The second award that Shaun has nominated me for is The Lighthouse Award: A blog that brings light to a dark world. This is a fairly new award, so to receive it so soon is absolutely amazing! Also the meaning behind it almost makes me teary-eyed. Thank you so much, Shaun for considering me a light in your world. This award originated at: goodtimestories.wordpress.com. Here are the rules for this award:
1. Display the Award certificate on your blog.
2. Write a post and link back to the blogger that nominated you.
3. Inform your nominees of their award nomination
4. Share three ways that you like to help other people.
5. There is no limit to the number of people that you can nominate.
6. HAVE FUN!!!
So, three ways that I like to help other people:
1. Be there for them when they need someone to talk to.
2. Truly listen as they talk.
3. Give advice only where called for…sometimes people just need a listening ear.
Now for my nominees. Thanks to the rules of both awards, I have a little room as far as my nominees go. I choose to nominate the following people for both awards:
1. Tammy @ Walk with me on my journey of illness to the road of happiness and a life of fulfillment.
Tammy’s blog is a no-holds-barred look into the life of an individual with an invisible illness. More specifically, Tammy deals with Fibromyalgia and Adhesions (the same as me) among other illnesses. On her blog you will find poems and prose as she deals with the difficulties of her illnesses and endeavors to overcome them. On a personal note, she has definitely brought light to my darkness by being a friend when I needed one the most. I am proud to consider her my new best friend. We seem to be able to talk for hours about absolutely nothing at all and those talks lend to me forgetting about my pain for a little while. She is truly a gem and I love her dearly.
2. Jenn @ My Fibrotastic Life!. Jenn’s blog is also based mainly on her day to day life with Fibromyalgia. She is very creative and one can find informative posts on how to deal with the symptoms that Fibro can bring with “The Weekly Buzz” and even follow a link to purchase handmade crocheted items through her online store. Jenn’s upbeat attitude could shed light on anyone’s dark world. We have thankfully become friends thanks to WordPress. She has been there for me to help me with my own crocheting (definitely a work in progress!) and to comment on my posts with words of encouragement and understanding.
3. Leslie @ Just Another F-bomb. Leslie’s blog is also deals with an invisible illness, namely Fibromyalgia (bet you couldn’t have guessed lol). On her blog one can find anything from personal experiences to beautiful photographs (Wordless Wednesday). Leslie has become another light on my sometimes dark world. No matter what I’m going through, she always finds the right words to say to make me feel better. She gives great advice, also!
4. PricelessJoy @ Someday I Will Get This Write. My fourth nominee is in name only since she has just recently become an award-free blog. However, she is more than deserving for both of these awards and I felt like she should be mentioned. On her blog one can find humorous stories about her younger years. These stories will definitely put a smile on your face if not make you laugh out loud, hence shedding light on a dark world. PricelessJoy has become a very important person in my life. Although we don’t chat or talk on the phone (why don’t we?), she has been a huge part of my support system and somehow her mere online presence is enough. If there was any way to be a “nearby friend” to someone who knows how many miles away, she has. Her thoughts and prayers have truly gotten me through some rough patches recently and she absolutely means the world to me.