Today has been a yucky, rainy day. However, to brighten my day, I went to church this morning and then figured that after my nap I could work on some of these awards you great people have sent me. So, in this post, I will cover 3 (yes three)!
The first award that I would like to accept is The Versatile Blogger Award. While visiting the VBA site, I noticed that they have a new badge (button…whatever it’s called), so this will be different from the one given to me…sorry Dr. Rex. I liked this one better! If you get a chance to check out Dr. Rex’s website It Is What It Is, please do so! Her stories will make you laugh, make you cry, and sometimes even make you angry. However, love and peace are the cornerstone of each post published. Let me also say here that Dr. Rex nominated me for the other two awards that i will get to later. Again, plase if you have the time check her out. Now, onto the VBA. The VBA website says:
When you consider nominating a fellow blogger for the Versatile Blogger Award, consider the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page. Or, of course, the quality of the photographs and the level of love displayed in the taking of them.
Honor those bloggers who bring something special to your life whether every day or only now and then.
So, now that you know what The Versatile Blogger Award is all about, here are the rules (also straight from the website http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/):
Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
So, here are seven things about me:
1. This is the third time I have received The Versatile Blogger Award. Yay me!!!
2. My first pet was a chihuahua named Betty (short for Beethoven…and since she was a girl. No, I didn’t pick out the name 🙂 ).
3. I slept in the bed with my mother until I was 5 yrs. old and decided that I was ready to sleep in my own bed.
4. I was my mother’s only child (and raised as one) but I also have 4 half-sisters and one half-brother.
5. The reason that I was raised as an only child is because the youngest of my half-brother and sisters is 20 years older than me. Yeah, big age difference.
6. One of the aforementioned half-sisters I have only seen twice in my whole life.
7. My yoga mats are pink and green and my foam roller is blue. (Yes I know that is dull, but this is my third VBA…I’m running out of facts)
The second (and third) award that I will be accepting today came to me from Dr. Rex as a “duet award”. The first one is The Imagine Award and the second is the I Am Part Of The WordPress Family Award.
The Imagine Award was started by a good friend of mine at thefibrotasticlife.com. So, I will let Jenn herself tell you all about it:
What is The Imagine Award?
“The Imagine Award” is an award created by Jenn Mulherin (who is the writer of the blog “My Fibrotastic Life!”) in October of 2013. This award was made in order to recognize the bloggers who express their passion and dedication towards their blogs through their creativity.
How is creativity found in a blog?
Just like beauty, creativity is in the eye of the beholder. There are many unique ways which bloggers can express their creativity. Creativity can be displayed through:
Words (such as writing fictional stories or real life experiences, poetry, quotes, using metaphors, etc.)
Pictures (this can include photos, comics, computer-drawn pictures, etc.)
The layout of the blog page
The degree of creativity is one of the qualities in a blog which not only draws more readers, but it shows how much the blogger cares about their blog. The caretaking of a blog is like taking care of a plant. In order to keep it healthy and growing, you need to feed the blog with your ideas and give it a lot of love.
If I am nominated for The Imagine Award…then what??
In your post which is dedicated to your award…
1. Copy and paste the award to your post.
2. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog page to your post.
3. List 3-5 things about the nominator’s blog that you like (which you think are very creative).
4. Nominate 5 other bloggers/blogs which you think display a fantastic use of creativity and imagination.
5. Notify your nominees.
6. Copy and paste The Imagine Award to your blog page.
*If you decline The Imagine Award, that is okay, but please pass the award to a blog that you find to be very creative.
So, I have already written some about Dr. Rex’s blog It Is What It Is. I like that she uses a lot of visual components to her blogs (which I sometimes fall short on). Also, she usually has a piece of music from YouTube to go with her posts. I also like that what she has some elements of love, peace, harmony, or civil rights that underline the majority of her posts (well the ones I’ve seen).
And last but not least is The WordPress Family Award. This award was created by Shaun at Looking For Reasoning to A Complicated World. He is a great blogger in his own right with tons of awards under his belt. Again, if you’re looking for a good read, you should really check him out. So without further adieu, here are Shaun’s words about the award:
This is why I created the Award:
This is an award for everyone who is part of the “Word Press Family” I start this award on the basis that the WordPress family has taken me in, and showed me love and a caring side only WordPress can. The way people take a second to be nice, to answer a question and not make things a competition amazes me here. I know I have been given many awards, but I wanted to leave my own legacy on here by creating my own award, as many have done before. This represents “Family” we never meet, but are there for us as family. It is my honour to start this award. Thank you, Shaun @ http://prayingforoneday.wordpress.com/
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your wordpress experience and family
4. Let your 10 Family members know you have awarded them
5. That is it. Just please pick 10 people that have taken you as a friend, and spread the love
Now, instead of choosing 15 for one award, five for the second and 10 for the third (this post has already taken me hours, I have no energy to do such a thing) I am bending the rules a little bit (no surprise, huh?) and only nominating five people. However those five people are nominated for all three awards. So, here they are, my five nominees for these three outstanding awards. I have greatly enjoyed reading all of your blogs and feel you are like family! Congratulations to you all!